The Monroe County Department of Health says a fourth coronavirus-related death has been reported in Monroe County.
In an update Thursday afternoon, County Health Commissioner, Dr. Michael Mendoza, said, "We offer our sincerest condolences to the patient's loved ones and we as that all of you continue to do your part to help keep others safe. Stay home. Wash your hands. Practice social distancing."
The number of positive coronavirus test results has risen to 148 cases in Monroe County, according to new data from the Monroe County Department of Health. That includes six new cases since Thursday morning.
Ten of the 148 cases have resolved, according to the new data.
Of the 148 confirmed cases, the ages and genders are:
- One boy under 10 years old
- One girl in her teens
- 20 are in their 20s, five men and 15 women
- 21 are in their 30s, 12 men and 15 women
- 16 are in their 40s, 10 men and six women
- 27 are in their 50s, 13 men and 14 women
- 25 are in their 60s, 11 men and 14 women
- 17 are in their 70s, nine men and eight women
- Ten are in their 80s, eight men and two women
- Three are in his 90s, two men and one woman
Thirty-one people are currently hospitalized as of Thursday afternoon, 19 of whom are in the ICU, and 545 people are in mandatory quarantine.
The county has received 1,966 test results to date, with 1,818 of them coming back negative.
Four people have tested positive for the virus as of Thursday afternoon, including two new cases reported Thursday.
The patients reside in central Genesee County; one is over the age of 65, and the other is under the age of 65.
There have been 61 negative test results in the county.
Seven positive test results have come in as of Thursday afternoon.
The first of the two newest cases is a Geneseo woman in her 30s. She is under quarantine at a private residence, as are two other household members. The second case involves a Geneseo man in his 20s who is also under mandatory quarantine. One other household member is also under quarantine in relation to that case.
One of the seven positive test results may have exposed others to the virus while at the Geneseo Wegmans on March 15 between 1:00-1:30 p.m. If you were at the store during this time, you should contact the Department of Health at (585) 243-7270.
Fourteen cases of coronavirus have been confirmed in Ontario County as of Thursday afternoon, with one new case confirmed since Wednesday. Three people have been hospitalized. The county says 169 tests have come back negative.
Four people have tested positive for the virus as of Thursday afternoon, according to county officials. This includes a newly-reported case Thursday in a patient who lives in central Orleans County and is under the age of 65.
Sixty-one tests have come back negative in the county.
There has been one confirmed case of the virus reported in Seneca County. The patient tested positive on March 22 and has been in isolation since that date. The Health Department was notified Wednesday. 38 patients are in quarantine.
Thirteen people have tested positive as of Thursday afternoon.
Of the new cases, one is a resident of Hornellsville, and the other lives in Cameron. Health officials say one or more of the new cases are linked to cases that have been previously reported.
Officials say one or more of the patients reported visiting the following locations in the period in which they first began feeling symptoms:
- Hornell Wegmans - Morning of March 19
- Maple City Physical Thearapy in Hornell - Morning of March 19
- Fred and Harriet Taylor Health Center in Bath - March 19-22
Officials say they are reaching out to anyone who had direct contact with the patients, but anyone who was at these locations in the specified time frames is asked to monitor for symptoms.
Additionally, at least one of the previously-diagnosed patients visited the following places during the following dates while experiencing symptoms:
- Old World Café in Corning - March 12
- Corning, Inc. Decker Building in Corning - March 12
- Fagan’s Funeral Home in Bath - March 13
- St. Mary’s Church in Bath - March 14
- Alfred University: McMahon Building, Harder Hall, and the automotive garage - March 20
Anyone who had direct contact with these patients is being notified.
Anyone was at any of these places on these dates who may be experiencing symptoms should contact their primary care provider.
Eight positive cases have been confirmed as of Thursday afternoon. The ages and genders of these patients are as follows:
- One woman in her 30s
- Two men in their 60s
- Three men and one woman in their 70s
- One woman in her 80s
Seven people have tested positive for coronavirus, as of Wednesday afternoon, one of whom has died.
Of those seven patients, one is from the county's northwest quadrant (Attica, Bennington, Orangeville and Sheldon), two are from the southeast quadrant (Castile, Gainesville, Genesee Falls and Pike), three are from the northeast quadrant (Covington, Middlebury, Perry and Warsaw) and one is outside the county with no close contacts in the area.
There are 0 confirmed cases as of Wednesday. Six people are in quarantine. The county 23 tests have come back negative.