(WHAM) - A third person died from novel coronavirus as the number of confirmed cases of novel coronavirus rose to 106 in Monroe County, according to the Monroe County Department of Health.
The patient who died in the last 24 hours was a patient at Strong Memorial Hospital, according to Monroe County Public Health Commissioner Dr. Michael Mendoza.
“Please keep the individual’s loved ones in your thoughts and prayers today, as well as the healthcare professionals who are on the frontlines," Dr. Mendoza said.
Of the 106 confirmed cases, 11 are new cases since Tuesday morning. Of those patients, the ages and genders are:
- One girl in her teens
- 14 are in their 20s, three men and 11 women
- 17 are in their 30s, nine men and eight women
- 12 are in their 40s, six men and six women
- 19 are in their 50s, 11 men and eight women
- 23 are in their 60s, 11 men and 12 women
- 13 are in their 70s, six men and seven women
- Six are in their 80s, four men and two women
- One man is in his 90s
Two other people have died since cases first started being diagnosed earlier this month, including one person whose death was confirmed Monday.
Fifteen people are currently hospitalized as of Tuesday afternoon, nine of whom are in the ICU, and 472 people are in mandatory quarantine.
The Monroe County Department of Health does not currently release the number of patients who have recovered from the virus. But, Dr. Mendoza said Monday that the majority of people who contracted the virus locally did not become very ill, noting that pattern mimics what has been seen nationally.
He also said that most of the people who have contracted coronavirus in Monroe County are recovering well.
One person has tested positive for the virus as of Monday night. Twenty people are under mandatory quarantine while seven individuals are under precautionary quarantine.Data will be released later in the day Tuesday.
Tuesday afternoon, county officials announced one new positive coronavirus diagnosis, bringing the total number of cases to five. the newest patient is a woman in her 60s from York. She is under mandatory quarantine in her home. Another person in the household is also under quarantine.
The county is working on notifying close contacts of the woman.
One of the positive test results may have exposed others to the virus while at the Geneseo Wegmans on March 15 between 1:00-1:30 p.m. If you were at the store during this time, you should contact the Department of Health at (585) 243-7270.
There have been 47 negative test results.
Ten cases of coronavirus have been confirmed in Ontario County as of Monday night. Data will be released later in the day Tuesday.
One person has tested positive for the virus as of Monday night, according to county officials. Ten people are under mandatory quarantine and four people are under precautionary quarantine. Data will be released later in the day Tuesday.
There are 0 confirmed cases in Seneca County as of Tuesday morning. 32 patients are in quarantine.
Eight people have tested positive as of Tuesday afternoon. The sixth person to test positive lives in Prattsburgh, and has been staying in Monroe County prior to and since symptoms began. The patient has not returned to Steuben County.
Two other cases - one in Jasper and one in Hornell - tested positive later Tuesday. Steuben County Public Health staff are working to identify people who may have come into contact with these confirmed cases.
The most recent two patients visited the following locations on the following dates while showing symptoms:
- State Office Building in Hornell - March 20
- Aldi grocery store in Hornell - March 22
- Southern Tier Fabricators in Bath - March 24
Anyone was at any of these places on these dates who may be experiencing symptoms should contact their primary care provider.
Four positive cases have been confirmed as of Monday night. Data will be released later in the day Tuesday.
Three people have tested positive for coronavirus, as of Monday night, one of whom has died.
Forty-one tests have been conducted in the county since March 16. Nineteen people have tested negative; results are pending for the remaining 22 tests.
There are 0 confirmed cases as of Tuesday. Five people are in quarantine. The county says 20 tests have been conducted to date.
13WHAM News will continue to update this story as more information becomes available.