Rochester, N.Y. (WHAM) - Four adults and a child were able to escape a house fire on Clairmount Street Wednesday night, thanks to working smoke alarms.
According to the Rochester Fire Department, several calls brought fire crews to the house around 6 p.m.
Firefighters saw heavy smoke coming from the home when they pulled up.
The five people in the house were able to get out safely and no one else was injured.
The house suffered a lot of smoke damage, despite firefighters' efforts to contain the fire to the room in which it started.
Fire investigators determined the fire was an accidental electrical fire.
The Red Cross is assisting the five people who got out.